hello!

Friday, May 21, 2010

Dreamy Kitchens

Right click. Save.
Right Click. Save.
Scroll.
Pause.
...Scroll.
Scrooooll.
Right Click. Save.

That's me on a Friday night skimming interior decorating websites, saving a million photos to a computer file aptly titled, 'Ashley's Wicked Awesome Dream House.' Yep. I love and have always loved interior decorating. I also love dreaming some big dreamy dreams. And being the organized, must write it down, list it, categorize it, type A person that I am, I'm constantly saving pictures and ideas on my computer. When I was just a kid I used to cut out pictures from the Sears catalouge and glue them to a room plan that I designed. But nowadays, right clicking + saving is just so much more efficient.

Tonight I've mainly been kitchen photo hunting as we are currently in the midst of kitchen renos. It's fun to discover new inspiration and thought I'd share some with you. I adore these kitchens, loveloveLAH-ooove them!
Kitchen Must-Have Looks:
Light, airy blues paired with a lot of white, like a LOTTA white (this can only be a bad thing with 6 animals in the house, 2 black dogs included)A distressed something or other (or is it stressed? I can never remember) Nixing the top cupboards for shelving
Glass or subway tiles A wood counter An island on wheels with vintage or industrial bar stoolsIndustrial lighting
A fireplace (okay, so maybe it's not a "must have" in the modern day kitchen, but it'd be pretty wicked awesome) Beams on the ceiling A chalkboard grocery list Art & fresh flowers
What are your must-haves for kitchen decorating?

PS. Please don't mind the whacked out size of the photos in my last blog posts. I am an in-training blogger currently learning about size adjustment.. Patience, young grasshoppa.

No comments:

Post a Comment