hello!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cos I Can

I'm addicted to Subway.  The employees at 4 different Subways know who I am, and I know I carry that Subway odour with me.  People have literally said to me, "You smell like Subway" so ya, I know.  But, y'know if I have to be addicted to something, Subway beats caffeine and drugs so whatevaaa (as if I have to be addicted to something, right?  Ha).  

Back in my perfectly straightened hair, high heels everywhere I went, brace-face days, my two best friends, Meghan & Anne (hollllaaa!) would feed my addiction with many a trip to Subway.  Commonly, they would call me disgusting as they watched in horror; sauce all over my face, meatball and pieces of cheddar cheese stuck and squished in my hot pink braces.  It gets better.. I would proceed to clean my braces with like a mini-version of a toothbrush that would get in between the wire and my teeth to help get out the food.  And I would do it front of my friends.  In public.  In a place where people go to eat (HAHA.  Oh god, I'm ashamed).  Anyways, the point in this wonderful story is that my friends made it very clear that I was a gross, little ferocious eater.  So I very solemnly made a vow to myself and to them that I would never eat Subway in front of a boyfriend.  And I never did.. until Travis.

We were only dating for a maybe a week when Travis wanted to go to Subway.. with me.  I was all, "Hellsss no, you don't wanna go there.  You can't go there."  He insisted.  I explained that I'm a nasty Subway eater (and note that I still had braces) and just no.   Despite Travis' beliefs, I do not always win arguments.  Subway is case and point.  We went.  I ate.  Mustard got all over my chin, a chunk of lettuce stuck directly out of my braces - mind you, I did make an attempt to be more discreet with my new boyfriend that I was totally smitten with there than when I was around ol' Meghan and Anne (hahaha, suckers).  But ultimately, Travis saw the hot mess that is I.

And I'm happy to say we are still together and I am still a Subway addict.



PS.  Sorry, no picture today.  Too exhausted (and now, rather hungry) to make an effort.  So just pretend I posted something somewhat visually interesting.  An image of a sub, perhaps?

*BAM*

Did you picture it?


PPS.  I know.  I'm strange.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment