hello!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Although having only just dipped my foot, the world of photography has been and is a journey I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to discover.  Those moments when my camera is what physically separates myself from my client yet is what unites us in laughter of some unlikely conversation about UFOs; those moments when a job doesn't feel at all like a job.  I'm so thankful to have had so many.

Lying in bed with my computer in my lap, right in the middle of editing an image full of passion and energy, I just stop.  I take my hand off the mouse and rest it on Travis' arm.  I don't know what's possessed me but I tell myself, just be still.  The rain pours quickly and rhythmically, I can picture the trillions of drops exploding as they land on the concrete outside my window.  The furnace broke and the house is cold but the heater is a blast beside me.  It's one of those little fake "fireplace" ones.   By only glancing at the flickering imposter flames out of the corner of my eye, I pretend that it's real.  I bury my cold toes into Soda's warm belly as she is curled up on my feet, as close to me as she can be.  Slurpee lets out one random loud snore.  So loud, I almost laugh but quickly remember Travis sleeping beside me.  I run my fingers on his warm skin.  He is always so warm while I am always so cold.

It's too dark to really see anything besides my fingers a-glow typing in front of my face.  Yet all the beauty in the world is right here in this rather blind moment.  And I am so thankful for it.

Off to finish the image and then zz.
-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment