hello!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

smile

it's december 1st and i'm happy about that.  i have been avoiding the blog.  yes, avoiding.  and it's because my last few blog posts were all written in november.  and those november entries have not yet been posted or for that matter, finished.  it was overall a brutal month for me and i just haven't had the strength to continue writing any of them.  and thus, avoidance of the blog.

but i'm here now and i'm writing.  i'm still not ready to finish any of my drafts.  i wish to talk about happy things tonight.  only happy things.  smile.  :)  happy.  and funny, too.

things that made my cheeks hurt tonight:

1.  excitedly, i went for my first spoonful of the warm tomato soup in front of me.  mid-sip, i happened to glance up and see travis playing with a swiss army knife, throwing it in the air going, "huuAH!" like he was the little ninja girl from kick ass with her butterfly knife.  and soda, she leaned up close against me and stared at her daddy nervously.  i pretty much spewed tomato soup all over myself, in laughter.

2.  my mom called me and asked what travis wanted for christmas.  so i mentioned that he was in need of some un-holey underwear.

my mom: okay, i'll need to know what brand..
me:  hanes.
mom:  what size?
me:  medium.
mom:  and what kind..?
me:  what do you mean?
mom:  like boxers, boxer briefs, bikini style..

i look up at travis, unknowing of his possible future in bikini underwear.

me:  trav, my mom wants to know if you would like her to buy bikini underwear for you?
travis [stunned]:  like for you, for me?
me:  no.  for you.  just for you.  to wear.
travis [now disturbed, horrified even]:  WHAT!!?!
mom still on the line:  WELL SOME MEN WEAR THEM!
travis:  who do you think i am?!  i lived at your house!  you folded my laundry!  i don't wear bikinis!!

3.  i was chewing when i started analyzing the texture of the banana i was eating.  i squished said banana around my mouth, in front of my teeth and gums.  it felt disgusting.  i laughed when i realized what i was doing.  travis laughed too.  and then copied me.  then purposefully started a conversation with squished banana in his mouth.  after laughing, i pondered out loud..

me:  would you eat something gross if it tasted good?  like say, just for instance, would you eat snot if it tasted like banana?

(yes, i really asked my husband this.)

travis [dead pan, in his most serious voice without hesitation]:  absolutely.

4.  when you give a mooching dog a piece of food, they usually devour it.. right?  as we ate our bananas, soda begged and begged and begged.  it was ridiculous.  and i admit, of us two dog parents in the house, i'm definitely the one that caves.  so i gave soda a little piece of apple from my fruit bowl.  did she devour it?  not even close.  i swear, she smiled, took the apple in her mouth and then repeatedly threw it in the air.   next she was pawing it and literally jumping around the little piece of fruit.  finally, she stared it down on the kitchen floor and barked at it over and over.  then.. she just walked away and left it there.  yep.

5.  my best friend made travis and i a card.  i opened the envelope expecting, well i dunno.. not what i got.  there was a big ol' frog on the front.  and then inside she wrote, "life can be a pickle.  i say.. eat the pickles!"

smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment