hello!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Oh, Yee of Little Faith

Something recently struck me.. A bolt of lightning.  Haha, pun.. not.  so.  funny.  Anyways, I'm a little, er, negative.  At least, compared to my husband who is 95% of the time a ray of sunshine and optimism (the other 5% he's comparable to the Cookie Monster).  Lately, we've been re-evaluating our dreams vs. our real lives.  Conclusion: our ideals and game plans are changing - dramatically.  It's sort of, kind of terrifying.  But I'm ecstatic.  I really, deeply feel that things will be great.  Even if they are the suck for a little while.

When I told these thoughts to Travis, he raised his right brow as he does when he's pretending to be Horatio Caine from CSI.  "You are optimistic?  How can this be?" he asked.  I laughed.  And then, I pondered.  He's bang on, actually.  I worry often.  I usually am too scared to be optimistic.  Then, epiphany - well, maybe epiphany is too bold of a word.  Let's go with 'big thought.'  When you think positively, positive things will surround you.. or at least you're so positive you think they will.  So even if you're just crazy and things are actually crap, being positive is sort of a win-win.

The thought was planted and an idea grew (ahh, Inception!  Ha.. okay well, my husband thinks I'm funny).. If I don't allow myself to worry, I am conquering fear, negativity.  My mind raced and I realized that we naturally look for discontentment.  There's always a thought that something is not as good as it could be, something is always the matter in some aspect of our lives.  These negative thoughts fester and rattle us and the way we live our lives.  Instead, if we believe that what's happening or what's going to happen, is the best thing for us, then it will be. 

I guess that's faith.  I always put faith in hand with religion but I think it's also for those of us that aren't 'religious' per say.  Faith is optimisim, positivity, blocking out fear and letting go of discontentment.

Woo.  That's a lotta brain power for one evening.

The pillow calls.
xo-


PS.  As I approach the first year anniversary of jumping into photography, I thought I would post an image from my first ever shoot.  There are a million technical things that I see wrong with the shot now, but that's okay because ultimately, I still love it.  And Caitlin is smokin.  Rawr.

PPS.  Did ya notice eh?  Eh?  Optimism, baby.   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment