hello!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Caitlin Joy

After photographing my mom, I was really inspired to shoot real women. Now I know, models are real women too (well, it's been debated that they may be robots..) but I love the idea of using normal everyday people of all sizes, races and ages to portray not just beauty but.. [wait for it..] ART. And so, I am constantly brainstorming 'collections.' These collections are series of creative images using real women as models, that hopefully, tell the viewer a story/evoke some sort of emotion. I am slowly but surely trying to start up my own small business doing this. I also want to branch out into lifestyle photography as well.. Who knows, maybe one day soon I will do a wedding!?? But for now, take a look at what I've been working on.

This collection is of my stunning friend, Caitlin, a great photographer herself. I had come up with this concept of a model lying amongst candles on a wood floor and Cait came up with a great idea of being wrapped up in a bed sheet. I love collaborating with others and I’m so glad that we did because I think some of the shots turned out pretty rad. As such a novice though (especially at the time of this particular shoot), I have to admit that I didn't have much of a grasp of the exposure triangle. I think, well hope, that I have much improved since and am continuing to learn. Gosh, learning can be so annoying sometimes though, I tell ya. I want to skip the whole gaining of knowledge part and just know it all. Okay, I know that I will never know it all but c'mon.. I want to get close. And soon! Hmm. What's that phrase my mom always says? Something about a virtue and patience..? Anyways, enough rambling and more looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment