hello!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Danie No.2

Yay! My baby, Slurpee is back to health. :) So now I'm back to a normal (well, normal for me) sleeping pattern. Ahhhh.. So let's get onto one of my favourite shoots!

It's 8:12 in the morning and I'm in my usual groggy-morning-Ashley-robot state as I drive down the same long stretch of road I travel on most everyday to work. 'The rainy days are finally seeming to let up,' I think to myself as I feel the warm rays of the sun dance on my cheek. I glance out my side to window to accidentally spot this exoticly rare idea of sun, when I witness the most amazing sight. Its like an extraordinary masterpiece that I've somehow passed time and time again without ever taking notice. I take my foot off the gas a little, letting my car roll slowly to give me just a few extra moments. Before me are rows and rows of long, lean trees looking as though they could only have been created by brush stroke. And as if they've practiced this dance before, they part perfectly allowing the sun to reveal it's illuminous face on this day.
It was then that I had it.

When I looked at this amazing landscape in the early morning, I saw so much more than just a stereotypical beautiful nature scene. I saw a romantic movie begin to play. I saw Travis and I eating breakfast together amongst the towering trees and the glowing sun as if nothing else existed but us. Yes, I am a sap. And maybe a little too much of a visionary. But thus, inspiration.

I had the opportunity to photograph one of my favourite and most bubbly girls again. When I presented the idea to Danie, she was game and so you have the following..





No comments:

Post a Comment