hello!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Meg No.2

Not long ago, I was working on a painting and I spotted a blob of paint run down my canvas. I grabbed a Q-tip and was about to wipe it away when I halted. It occured to me that this drip was actually really awesome. It wasn't the effect I was originally going for but it's what made my painting. I started thinking about paint splatter, drips, smudges and all those perceivable errors and how they can actually be really inspiring and thought provoking. I decided to try this effect (on purpose) on a model. Again, my best friend Meg is always ready and willing. So on a cold, rainy day, she stripped nekked for the camera. Ha, I'm such a dink. No, but she did pull her shirt down a bit just so that the camera only saw skin. Less distractions and more running paint. Drip, drip, drip..

No comments:

Post a Comment