hello!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Chickenware!

Their sharp beaks scare me.  Their glaring, beady eyes scare me.  Their claws scare me.  Their loud 'bokbokboking' - you guessed it, scares me.  Yet, with sweaty palms and a nervous laugh, I find myself loving chickens.  I even.. want one?  Two, actually!

Travis doesn't understand this.  "How are you going to take care of your own pets if you are scared of them?" he asks me.  I don't even have to think about my response.  "Hunny, love has a way of conquering fear," I tell him.  And with confidence, I say it to you too.

Photography has brought about some of my biggest fears ie. battling my antisocial/hermit crab/shy/awkward tendencies, pushing myself to think outside traditional boxes, opening the doorway to judgement of my work (in progress) and maybe worse, judgement of me.  But - big BUT, my love of photography trumps all the anxieties that come with it.

Recently, I had a photo shoot that I was so especially afraid of.  It was my first photo shoot not knowing either my clients or subjects, it was for business use, it involved models experienced with professional photographers aaand I was still shooting with a lower grade camera + lens.  Talk about a ball of nerves.  Here comes another big BUT.. I had nothing to be worried about!   Because as I knew all along: the love will conquer the fear.  And it did, it soo did.  We all had a lot of laughs, I really learned a lot plus I made some great contacts and friends along the way.

Check out beauties, Caitlyn, Jennifer and Alexandra modeling for Chickenware's new website launch that the lovely sisters, Samantha & Amelia Ritchie have been working oh-so hard on (to be up and running soon)! 





No comments:

Post a Comment