hello!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wyatt


You hold his perfect head to your chest inhaling that soft, new life fragrance. The airplanes made of pop cans sway from the ceiling in the nursery. Gently, you lie him in his crib on the quilt that your mom knitted for him the moment she found out the adoption was going through. Looking up at you, he makes a little gurgle sound. You laugh. Staring into his round innocent eyes, you wonder, will he be like you? You watch his eye lashes slowly flutter as he drifts into sleep.


You consciously try to take a mental picture of this very moment, wishing it could last forever.


Sigh. That's me dreaming of having a baby if you couldn't tell. I've said it before and I'm truly beginning to believe it, all these precious babies are inducing a fever in me. Baby fever. But alas, we cannot have a baby right now. No Ashley, no..


One of these precious little babies I've been cooing at is Wyatt, my cousin, Lisa's second beautiful baby boy. I am soo happy for you and Louie, Lisa! I can only imagine how wonderful it must be. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment