hello!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Leap Frog

I leaped.  Or leapt?  Whichever one it is, I did it.

I'm a self proclaimed art head with a new(ish) passion for photography.  I've been learning/playing/shooting with the Canon Rebel T1 that we got as a wedding present last year.  And my love has grown.  Fast.  So, I decided I wanted to upgrade - with my eventual, one day, dreeeeam camera being the Canon 5D Mark II (seriously, a-may-ZIIIIING).  In trying to pick a camera to suit my present needs though, I went back and forth with what I can afford, with what level I'm at as a photographer, etc.  Finally, I just looked at Travis and said, 'Screw it.  The 5DM2 is genius.  I want to be genius.  I plan on being genius.  I'm doing it!'

So I did!!

BUT.  Yes, but.  It turns out I lack a little something called money.  I got the camera thanks to my awesome mom & dad and my ever growing bar tab with them but, er, am selling my car to pay them back.. [insert laughter here] ..!  You know what though, my sister-in-law recently said something to me that stuck, 'Many times the most succesful people had to hit rock bottom to become great.'

As a naturally pessimistic person, I'm oddly optimistic that I will be succesful as a photographer.  And I don't mean in how much money I make or if I ever have anything more than a small side business.  I mean, I will be succesful just as a photographer.  I have aspirations to take wonderfully amazing photos.  So then, I will.  Weird, optimism.. such a simple concept.

Anyway, here are a couple images from the new camcam shot with the 50mm f/1.4.  It's the only lens I have at the moment (ulp) but luckily my neighbour (a photographer and shoots with Canon as well) has offered to lend me lenses whenever I need them.  I know, I'm so lucky for all the love and support!


Slurpee watches over me as I make the 'for sale' signs for the car.  My big buddy follows me wherever I go.


Princess Soda drops in for a looksie at the sign making.


Speaking of 'for sale,' anyone want to buy my car?  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Slurpee and Soda,

    You two are mommy's best 2 little helping hands.

    Aunty Tina

    ReplyDelete