hello!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gracie

I have writer's block.
My fingers are itching to type
and yet..
[crickets]

Often the photographs I post give me inspiration,
a starting point,
to write a little something on the blog.
This shoot is no exception.

Baby Gracie is undeniably adorable.

Looking through these images..
Strikes a chord of maternal instict in me.
Excites me as I dream of being a mom one day.
Even brings me back to thoughts
of my own mother,
of her love.
Takes me back to the weekday afternoons spent
at Gracie's momma's house
when I was a child.
Reminds me of times sitting in art class in university,
Jacine (Gracie's momma) and I
gushing over our now-husbands.
Blows my mind that Jacine now has children.. plural.
Makes me think how the time has flown.

All these thoughts
but not enough consciousness to expand
on any.

My brain is blocked
with tiredness.
Must nap.

The end.
(Zzzz.)











PS. Jacine (and Tyler and Janis), your family is wonderful and I am soo happy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment